Saturday, August 3, 2013

Charity Haircuts on a Saturday!

I am up so early this morning to ready myself for some serious haircutting today!

I am going to go be a part of my local Give a Kid a Chance get-together, volunteering right up there with doctors and dentists to help children in families that can't afford much. The children will get free clothes, backpacks, teddies, medical exams, and, of course, haircuts -- my department. I have been looking forward to this event for a almost two or three weeks now, and today I am off to finally do it! Some of my cosmetology classmates are coming along too, along with my instructors, and the salon in town that I adore will be coming to join the haircutting forces!

I am wonderfully excited to use the gift God has given me for charity.

So, I'll be there doing that for several hours today, and then I come home and study. Finals are coming (the final finals! Hoorah!), and our state board exam drills are coming to a close. Wish me luck and pray for me, will you, readers?

I have no fancy pictures right now, so this one will have to do....


This is my Debra mannequin sitting in my hood dryer. She's so comfy there. ♥

Have a blessed Saturday, everyone!

(P.S. I am SO ready for Fall.)

4 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! Debra looks serious about helping out too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she takes her whole job very seriously. Putting up with me learning to cut hair last year...she's got nerves of steel. xD

      Delete
  2. This is so wonderful of you Elizabeth. You have a huge heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. This is the kind of thing I want to do. I just want to use what God has given me for Him, so that's what I'm doing. :)

      Delete