Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cheerful Giving!






December has perhaps been the busiest month so far. In between making and buying Christmas gifts and all the rehearsals and church activities  going on, there is little time to do much else. All my writing and reading has come to a screeching halt, and what games I do have time for are marbles with my siblings (Grandma brought down a bag. My wrist is killing me from it. Ha!). What bits of free time I have are spent online checking emails and whatnot. 

I've been out and about shopping quite a bit, and tonight may be my first time driving without my mother in the car. I got my driver's license on Friday, and still can't wrap my head around the fact that I can now drive places. It's so odd! I make my mother nervous, but I may be even more nervous than she about it. I still feel like a kid, not allowed to step into the adult world without being politely submissive, yet I know I am an adult now and I have just as much right as everyone else in these settings. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

As far as more crafts go, when I finish crocheting gifts, I plan on dabbling with some rubber stamps I've recently gotten a hold of, and I see some more decoupage in my future as well! I'll probably be making more gifts, which makes me happy. A few necklaces have been given to loved ones, and my room has become a treasure trove of gifts, presents for family members stashed about everywhere.

As much as you and I give, though, our gifts cannot compare to the gift God has given us. He gave us Jesus Christ, the ultimate proof of his love for us.

As we give to others this season, let's remember to not give because we feel like we have to. Let us give because we want to. It's the thought that counts!

“Let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Cor. 9:7).

Happy Tuesday, everyone! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yes, amen, let's remember what Christmas is REALLY about! But wow, you are brilliant at crocheting -- something about my left-handed crocheting always makes the things curl up like crazy lol! The terracotta soldiers must have been amazing -- Becky kept going on and on about how we should go, and I was like, you guys are getting tired from just walking in the museum lol! I didn't know how agoraphobic I'd become, really a hermit or recluse almost, so I was really stepping out in faith, and wow, praise the Lord! I had a wonderful time! Blessed week, dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! My grandma taught me to crochet, and I just continued it all on my own. So here I was trying to think of what to make as simple Christmas gifts, and connecting motifs together to make bookmarks seemed ideal. =D

      Always glad to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by. =3

      Delete