Thursday, December 26, 2013

The After Christmas



 Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I had a particularly nice one here at my house. Spent the entire day with my amazing, awesome, wonderful family, most excited about watching them open the gifts I got them. That was the best part of the day for me, seeing them smile. Christmas could be that alone and I would be the happiest person in the world.

Not to say that I'm not thrilled with what I got. I happened to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, an Olympus camera, the Skyfall soundtrack, a ton of yarn, instant English Toffee Coffee (the only coffee I'll drink), and chocolates. Loving every minute of it. The colors of the yarn are so amazing. I have to crochet something worthwhile now!

At the moment, though, we're all sick. I seem to have gotten the same cough I had back in November, the one that lasted all month. Complete with sniffles, my sister running high fevers, and general lack of sleep/drowsiness, we're all snoozing and becoming good friends with the Kleenex boxes.

So, there are only six more days until the new year. I see my coming new year as pretty exciting, albeit full of hard work. I'm going back to college to start classes in a Business major, and then I'm going to be applying for a job at a salon in town. It's something new to me, and I'm praying it all goes smoothly. That and I'll be driving myself to all these places. Nerve wracking, to say the least. BUT, I feel like it is going to be a very good year. 

So, how are the resolutions going? Do you have any? I do. I haven't taken the time to make an official list, or think to hard on what things I really want to do this year, but I know a few things for sure:

• I want to get into yoga or Pilates. Relaxing, something I can do to unwind AND exercise.
• I want to write more, blog more, craft more. Basically, I want to do what I love more.
• I want to read more! I haven't been able to read as much as I used to due to school, but perhaps now that I'm going to have normal classes again, I'll be able to start chewing down that stack of books I haven't touched for two years.
• I want to grow more spiritually and emotionally. I want to spend more time with God, and I want to start feeling like the adult I am considered.

Not much, and there are probably other things I could add to this list, random things, but those are the main points of my New Year's Resolution. What has your resolutions started to look like? Do you have one yet?


It's a beautiful day today. Hope you all have a good one, too! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment