Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas is Coming!




I was in a rush this morning to get these finished before church, but I did get a second to quick snap some shots of them before I gave them away! I used a fabric stiffener to keep them from being loose bookmarks, and it also helped to keep the woven-in ends in!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas week! My posting should get back to normal when the holidays are over....I'm just so busy with so many things right now that crafting and photography have taken a back seat.  I shall be crafty again! I have a lot of things I want to try, along with some post-inspiring bootcamps I've found around Pinterest.

Busy-ness aside, though, I am feeling extremely blessed and forgiven. It's the greatest feeling in the world, knowing that I am loved and forgiven by my Maker. This time of year we can get so bogged down by anti-Christian hatred that the Christmas spirit is lost among the slurs and words. Don't let it hurt your heart, my friends. This is the season for love, and we are to love as God loves every person in the world. He loved us so much so that He gave us the greatest Christmas present in the world: Christ. He gave us a gift that took the penalty for sin, a gift that died for you and me. While we deserved the death penalty as sinners against God, Christ came up and said that He'd take our place because He loves us....How many people would be willing to do that for another person today? If you could slow down time, would you step between a random person and something or someone harming them? Would you go into a courthouse and say that you would take the punishment that someone else deserves just because you could? ...Would we even take our own due punishment without passing the buck to another, saying it was their fault and not ours? Most likely, we would think twice about giving our lives, whether in whole or just a portion, for something bad someone else did. But that is what Jesus did for us. He steps in and says that He'll take the punishment for when we lie, steal, cheat, gossip....He takes it, and then He tells us we are forgiven....

 What earthly Christmas present can do that?

Have a blessed, merry Christmas, everyone (and I mean everyone)! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! And those are such sweet gifts! Have a peaceful, blessed Christmas season, my dear sister in Christ ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, dear friend. =D And have a happy, blessed New Year!

      Delete