Friday, October 11, 2013

Autumn in My Corner of the South.


{Oh, the mountains! My favorite place to be! We all went last week and had a fabulous time!}





{The hiking trail was beautiful, as was the view from the overlook we hiked to.}


{What is this? It's a block of tea!}









{These are a few shots from the inside of the Cheif Vann house historic site we visited! I'd been there once before when I was younger, but only now could I appreciate the story and interior.}






{The sunny, lovely balcony on the second floor. It was the epitome of its time -- so Southern. Add some lanterns on a warm summer evening, and it would be magical.}








{More shots from around the site. So Southern here.}


{This evening we had another bonfire: one of the things I LOVE about fall.}












{It was a great evening to sit by the warm fire pit, roast marshmallows, chat happily with the family, and write some autumn poetry!}

This is my Fall in the South. 

What does you Fall look like?

Have a great weekend of adventure, my friends! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics as always. Doesn't look like the leaves have turned color yet where you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're juuuuuuust starting to. Not a lot of robust color yet. ;D

      Delete