Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Purple French



I am particularly fond of non-traditional french manicures. I love all the color possibilities, and then the different types of polish also provide for a fantastic balance and difference of texture. 

This is a manicure I gave my little sister today, and I'm very happy with the results. Not only are the tips even on both hands, something that is very hard to do well, but the colors make me happy. The very glossy, almost metallic purple on the tips with the warmer, softer, almost periwinkle purple for the rest of it. It almost has a velvety sort of look to it. I do love a good traditional french manicure, but the colors make me happier, honestly. Like this one! Amusingly enough, this most likely won't last long, so I'll be doing another soon...in different colors.



I have a couple more manicures lined up, and a pedicure as well, so if I do anything particularly interesting with the polishes, I'll be sure to share them here!

Have a fantastic Saturday! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, cute! I've always tended toward the dark colours, like black or forest green, but this is inspiring me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both lovely colors! I don't wear polish on my fingers often at all because it just doesn't last, but my toes are a different story. Basically, I'll wear any color, but I frequent reds, pinks, and a pearly white I have recently adopted from my Grandma's stash.

      I'm glad this could inspire you! I was just sharing something I like to do, and I have plenty of sisters to use as guinea pigs, so this is what happens. =P Thank you~

      Delete