Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lake Adventures~

{The view from this lake is phenomenal no matter which way you go! Yesterday we decided to go to the side of the lake we had never been on before. This is what we found...}

{More flowering stumps!}

This cove was particularly fertile -- every stump had its own rainforest on it!}

{...And trees! How ironic is it that a tree grows on a driftwoody stump? It was beautiful and elegant. Life endures no matter where!}

{And then we left because the fishing was iffy. It was particularly sunny on this side of the lake, and the fish were not biting because the water was so hot.}





{So we returned to our usual fishing holes, where I could get better pictures of all the flowers! While back near the shore where I took the picture above, I decided to cast closer to the shore in hopes of snagging a bass. What surfaced about five feet from my kayak was not a bass, but a MASSIVE alligator snapper turtle. It HISSED. Having an irrational fear of being eaten by some beast in shallow water (I have a fear of shallow lake water when I'm floating over logs and stumps. Just ask my mom.), I screamed various things and paddled the heck out of there. I was pretty sure it was an alligator because of the color and the way the thing just floated to the surface with a hiss. It was most likely a turtle, but his body combined with his turtle-head sticking out of the water look a whole lot like a gator's head, so it's needless to say that I got a bit of an adrenaline boost on the paddle back to the dock. I was shaking in the car not from fear, though. I wasn't really scared, just horribly startled. So, there's my story for today. Laugh and go tell your friends about it if you want. It is amusing, but I was sure I was going to die.}



{These are my mountains. I love them, and I feel so at home wherever I am so long as I see them. I just adore them and the God who made them.}

Where is your favorite place to be?

Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! It's Wednesday, so it's all downhill from here! I start school again tomorrow, and then it's roughly two months until I am off to take state exams and graduate! I'm so excited and I know these next two months will just fly. Before I know it, I'll be graduating. It'll be lots of hard work, but I can see the finish line and taste success. So off I'll go, praising God and thanking Him all the way! He's the only one who can help me through what's to come.

Have a blessed week everyone! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow nice photos and beautiful place!!!
    Have a good week, dear! and my g+ for your post!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete