Saturday, August 4, 2012

Stunning Saturday -- Part Two ♥


And so begins the canning adventure!

My mom picked out the Honey-Bourbon Pickled Blueberries recipe, and it can be seen from start to finish below. I got to help out and learned the process of canning as she went along. The recipe I made with blueberries was, in fact, done close to the same time as this one was, but for the sake of understanding what picture goes to which recipe, I shall post them separately. (Which works, because there're a TON of pictures!)

This recipe smelled awfully delicious, and I do think it should taste very much the same, and cannot wait until the time is come to devour it! I wish I could have taken pictures of the smell and posted them here, but no such technology has been created, so you shall just have to imagine the fabulous scents of a cinnamon stick, cloves, nutmeg, and mulling spices being boiled in blueberries and honey. Simply stunning stuff, there!



{Above three: the spices in their wonderful little baggy!}


{Boiled down spices and blueberries.}


{Sauce left to boil, blueberries removed.}


{Blueberries in jars.}

{Rolling boil of blueberry sauce!}



{Sauce ladled into jars of berries, and lids put on.}

{Sealing them up and...}

{...Fin! Yummy, no?}

(Next post: My canned blueberry creation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment