Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Baffling Case of an Empty Egg-Grenade


Today I found a small roll of unused white yarn stuffed in the very back of the shelf where all of my skeins are stacked neatly one on top of the other...and I knew I wanted to make something with it...!
Remembering a picture of a crocheted doll I had once seen in a book, I instantly started crocheting in rounds to make a head. It came out a little egg-shaped, and when I turn it upside-down it looks like a hand grenade (if only it was olive green) , but I like it nonetheless. Besides. Grenades rock.

Anyway, now that I'm at the neck hole, I've come to the point where I need to stuff the head....But with what? I don't have polyester, and if I put something like beads inside, they may squeeze out if too small, may feel strange if too big. Besides. I don't have any beads to use for that! xD So I'm down to one option: crochet some things and tightly pack them inside the egg-grenade! But all of my yarn is precious and I don't often go out to buy new skeins, so I don't reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly want to do that, but as of now, it's all I've got....What to do~ What to do~.....

No comments:

Post a Comment