Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Around the Yard in Search of Autumn
























Fall is very close, methinks. How exciting!

I treated myself to a walk around the property, as it has been some time since I last wandered about with my camera, and was out for about an hour and a half. I did various things, including helping my parents shuffle the cars so the could get the boat pulled out and washed. It was a cool breezy day, and I couldn't help myself but walk around enjoying it. I sprayed my legs down with mosquito repellent, since they were following my like a pack of (unfriendly) hungry puppies, and began to march about the yard with my photographer eyes on. My favorite subject, as you may have guessed, were these simply adorable little pink flowers that sprouted in herds all over the yard and even in the garden. I don't know what they are, but I love them!

The fig trees are growing nicely, with one having leaves bigger than my head. There are little tiny figs sticking out everywhere, and if they had been close enough, I would have gotten a picture of them. The baby blueberry bushes have finished blooming and are settling in for the cold quite well, too. They're getting bigger and bigger slowly, but I can see the difference. There are teeny tiny apples on the trees, which look something like cherries to me in the pictures, and the pears have long since finished producing fruit.

The air is crisp and fresh, very clean and cool, and the sun is starting to feel different. Perhaps not as hot as it does during the summer. It always feels significantly cooler in the fall.

All in all, I think fall is making its way through the door, and that makes me quite the happy girl.

Camping season is getting clooossseeerrr! Hollah!

Choir rehearsal tonight! Have a wonderful, blessed Wednesday, everyone! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Seems we are all doing autumn-y posts today. It's in the air! It really is starting to feel different isn't it? Wishing you a wonderful day Elizabeth full of positivity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! I love the air especially!

      Thanks for the wishes, and I wish that you have the same! :D

      Delete