Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Little Garden Love!



{Sometimes the simplest thing can bring a great amount of joy! The family found a rickety old table alongside the road and brought it home. Now it is on the deck serving as a seedling/potting table! It may seem silly, but it just makes me happy.}




{The fruit trees are absolutely booming now. We are going to have an absolute ton of pears this year (again!), the apple trees are filled with tiny little apples, and the cherry tree still has cherries in its center. I went and picked more and have yet to put a dent on the one side I can't reach! I'm a girl obsessed!}


{Goat lips are troublesome things....But are very, very soft!}



{A lone onion stands out in the garden, beautiful in every way. It must be watching over our tubs of potatoes behind it! Not far from the tall, fluffy onion is a perfectly gooshy patch of freshly tilled earth. The past few days of rain smoothed it over and it reminded me very much of the powder mixes for box cakes. The smell of the dirt was the epitome of earthy and reminded me of just how much I love the land here.}


{The fruits of my harvest (with blueberries hiding underneath them, as I had gone out to get the first blues of the season before the birds did!) on the perfectly rickety table of seedlings}

This is what makes my heart happy. Days like this. ♥ Nothing beats being self-sufficient with all that God has given you!

"And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one. "
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 ESV

P.S. For those who have been keeping up with me and wondering about my job-hunting...I am now employed in a salon right in my town! Should start sometime this week! So excited and praising God every step of the way!

2 comments:

  1. Wow the fruits of your harvest look amazing!! I was telling Beate just last week that I cannot wait until we have a garden together someday :) I need to send her this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have even more here soon, hopefully. Spring came kinda late this year, so we didn't get nearly as many things planted as we usually do. But at least the fruit trees have kept going. The blueberries, too!

      Awww, gardens are fantastic indeed! Nothing beats growing things together and being all earthly-like! It's a fabulous thing. You'll have to document this garden's growth when you two get one! =D

      Delete