Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mountain Bliss



I was on a mountain today. It's not the first time I have ever been, but it felt so nice to be back up high, looking down at the miniature world below. I didn't spend nearly as much time up there as I would have liked, but it was pleasant to stand at the very top and feel the cool air ruffle my hair and brush against my face.

I love the mountains. Had I been born several centuries before, I would probably be living in them, racing freely around the trees like some wild woman, feet bare and hair loosely flying about me. My favorite place to be is beneath the towering plants, staring up at the flecks of sky I happen to glimpse through the thick canopies so high above my head. Hearing the wind play with the branches, making the trees sway gently at night as I lie snuggled in my sleeping bag...there's nothing better. I love to be snug with the woods all around me, huddled in a circle of giant oaks and pines while the smoke from the campfire at my feet billows up to greet the leaves, scenting my clothes and the air around me with smokey goodness. In the morning, I wake to the caws of crows perched in the branches above the camper-- so peaceful.

I want to go back to there, and actually spend time inside the forest. I crave it.

Thanksgiving break can't get here any faster.

Have a lovely weekend! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment