Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rain, Rain, Coming With Grace








Riding home in the car, I was squirming in my seat, for I was in torture! The stark contrast of lime green trees reaching toward the bubbling silver skies is perhaps one of my most favorite things to see in nature (aside from grassy glades, mossy stone walls, and wisteria. I am strongly weak for those things, but that's another story altogether).

The rain is pouring outside now, and the wind rustles the branches of trees like an aunt ruffles her niece's hair, fingers shaking loose every possible strand before abandoning it to dishevelment. In contrast to a niece's rumbled locks, the frazzled look is what I find most appealing in stormy nature. The way the wind and water just takes over as if to say, "Bath time, Miss Nature!" And in the wake of the showers, the air, at least to me, always reeks like a freshwater fish tank~!

What's your favorite mood of Mother Nature? And what causes it? The colors, the smell, or just the feeling it sends coursing through your flesh?

No comments:

Post a Comment