Friday, January 25, 2013

Longing for the Greenery to be Green!










Two weeks of school may have halted my posting, but I was still adamantly taking pictures for this dear blog all the while! I have just been so tired lately, and my feet ache at the end of the day. But I shan't go into that again! It's worth it, though. All those aches.

Anyway, it is, at the moment, rainy, gloomy, and looks to be perpetually about 6 or 7 am. Not a scrap of blue in the sky whatsoever. The pictures above...were not taken recently (as in the last few days) due to such depressed weather. They were taken last week when the sky, clouds, and earth were being civil and letting some warmth tease us sweater-clad folk. It was short-lived, that moment of bliss, and it is freezing cold again. What a pity.

You would never guess it by some of my first pictures of the year, though. Spring seems to be alive already with such bright colors. It was a tease, and has left me longing body and soul for the warm life of the season to come when everything is green and fresh and blossoming. The trees will be clothed in rich emerald coats, the grasses shall grow tall and lush, flowers and fruits alike will fill the air with the relaxing aroma of blossoms, and the air shall be warm with a hint of cool to tingle my face and arms. It will be a time for dresses and sandals, and all sorts of outdoor bliss around my home. Those thoughts keep me going now, even as I ache for it to hurry and come. Winter shan't last forever, and I must be patient, sitting by my window with my young eyes turned to the sky. Soon the day will come when that window can open, and I can smell the warm breezes of life returning.

I want to garden this year. I want to write more poetry, more prose. I want to craft wreaths from flowers and branches. I want to make baskets to dry herbs in, and I want to crochet big-brimmed hats that bobble in the wind. There is so much I want to do, and I'm itching to do it!

I think I may have been born in the wrong place. I should have been born in Ireland or Scotland, living in a mountain cabin surrounded by herbs, songbirds, nature, goats and sheep, a dog and some cats, with nothing but God's sky above me, His green earth around me, and some springs nearby to water the plants with. I'd make my own paper, hunt and grow my own food, sew my own dresses, and be very happy, I think. Mhm. Most certainly.

But for now, I shall wait for everything that is brown and dormant to turn green again....And I think I'll take my frustrations out by cleaning my room. Gosh, it looks like a college student lives here....Wait.

What are you most looking forward to this Spring, or this year? What season inspires you the most?

Best wishes to all my lovely readers! May the grass be literally greener on your side of the fence! It's brown here in a lot of places. -laughs-

P.S. My 100th post! Hoorah!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth, your photografies are very nice!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcela, thank you so much for stopping by. It's nice to hear from you. =) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love winter, but I must admit that these photos make me anticipate spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love winter quite a bit, too, but I'm at the stage during a season where I'm totally ready for the next. Soon I'll be moaning about the heat of summer and wishing for the cool air again. xD I love the change of seasons.

      Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is great. =)

      Delete